Ghana: 20-year-old electrocuted after rainstorm

Ghana: 20-year-old electrocuted after rainstorm

A 20-year-old man was electrocuted on his farm after a heavy rainstorm in Adabakpo, a farming community in the Central Tongu District of the Volta Region, Ghana.

“Residents rushed out after hearing a noise to discover him electrocuted on his farm,” reports said.

“He was rushed to the Adidome public hospital for immediate medical attention due to the rapid intervention of the community,” reports stated.

However, the tragedy has raised serious concerns among residents regarding the response of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG).

Residents of Adabakpo have called on local leaders to ensure that similar incidents in the future are prevented.

They advocate for improved emergency response protocols and enhanced communication channels with utility providers to prevent such tragedies from occurring again.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *