Morocco’s King Mohammed VI has said that the country will spend $12bn to rebuild the regions destroyed by the 8 September earthquake.
The funds will also be used to support the more than 4.2 million people in the provinces most affceted by the earthquake.
The palace said on Wednesday said that the funds would be used to “rehouse affected people, reconstruct homes and restore infrastructure over a five-year period.”
So far, Morocco has received $700m in donations to help with its earthquake recovery plan, the BBC reported.
The country plans to make up the deficit using funds allocated by the Moroccan government, international aid and continued donations to the earthquake recovery fund.