A 25-year-old man died this Sunday in his bathtub in Tence, Haute-Loire in France, French website Le Progrès reported.
He was found dead at his home in the morning.
According to the regional daily, the young man was electrocuted in his bath. He allegedly dropped his mobile phone, which was charging, into the water.
The rescuers, who arrived quickly on the spot, “could not do anything”, says Le Progrès.
This is not the first time such a tragedy has occurred.
According to figures communicated in 2020, the National Observatory for Electrical Safety lists 40 deaths by electrocution and some 3000 electrifications (electric shock without fatal consequences) in France every year linked to the use of mobile phones in the bathroom.