WhatsApp instant messaging has announced that some phones will no longer benefit from its services as of November 1, 2021. In order to avoid any unpleasant surprises, it would therefore be wise to make arrangements now.
If your phone is a bit old, then WhatsApp may not be compatible with operating systems older than iOS 10, for iPhones, and Android 4.1 for other smartphones, reports the Phonandroid site. .
If the app is already installed on your device, it will continue to work, but some options may no longer work properly.
For some smartphones, it will still be possible to download a new version of the operating system so that messaging continues to run on them.
Here is the list of smartphones on which WhatsApp will no longer work from November 1, unless the operating system is updated:
- Alcatel One Touch Evo 7, Archos 53 Platinum, HTC Desire 500, Caterpillar Cat B15, Wiko Cink Five, Wiko Darknight, Lenovo A820, UMi X2, Faea F1 and THL W8
- iPhone SE, 6s and 6s Plus
- Huawei Ascend G740, Ascend Mate, Ascend D Quad XL, Ascend D1 Quad XL, Ascend P1 S and Ascend D2
- LG Lucid 2, Optimus F7, Optimus F5, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus F5, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus L5 Dual, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus L7 II, Optimus F6, Enact, Optimus L4 II Dual, Optimus F3, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, Optimus Nitro HD and 4X HD, and Optimus F3Q
- Samsung Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Xcover 2, Galaxy Core and Galaxy Ace 2
- Sony Xperia Miro, Sony Xperia Neo L and Xperia Arc S
- ZTE Grand S Flex, ZTE V956, Grand X Quad V987 and Memo.
If you continue to use WhatsApp with an operating system version that is no longer supported by the application, WhatsApp recommends saving its chats and provides instructions on its site.