80-year-old man burned to death by smoking

80-year-old man burned to death by smoking

An 80-year-old man died suddenly when a cigarette butt fell out of his hand and came into contact with his clothes at Larteh Akuapem in the Eastern Region of Ghana.

“The deceased had been bedridden for several years due to his advanced age and unstable health conditions and has been cared for by his family,” according to information.

“The deceased asked the caretaker to get him a cigarette, which she did,” according to her.

It is believed that while he was smoking, a stub of cigarette fell from his hands and made contact with his clothes, igniting fire while he was alone in the room.

Unfortunately the old man burnt into ashes.

This tragedy involving the man, who is said to be a former Accra trader, occurred on Saturday, February 18, 2023.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *